Wednesday, April 22, 2015

FAT ANGIE by E.E. Charlton-Trujillo


Rating: 7.5 out of 10

Okay, so.... I found another shiner in the library! Let me tell you, there are so many issues in this book that are represented, that there is physically no way you cannot relate to this (if you're a girl anyhow). The book deals with so many problems including, but not limited to: eating disorders, confused sexuality, and many others!

Reasons I picked up the book? Oh well you know.... "Fat Angie" is EXTREMELY CLOSE to "Fat Amy"... 

THIS WOMAN 


IS A


GODDESS❤️🎀❤️🎀❤️

(Also I go through my own personal problems with weight and I find myself imagining every main character as cute and skinny. WELL THIS BOOK DOESNT LET ME THINK OF HER AS SKINNY. but I still see her as cute so whatever)

Anyways, basically the jist of this book is that Angie's sister is MIA after going, as the call her, "G.I. Jane." And with a nervous break down by our beloved tubby girl, she attempts suicide at a pep rally, but is not successful. Everyone teases her about that AND about being a bit chubby on the edges. Then a girl comes into to town like , "Ay~" and Angie, with her famous line, says "Um." This girl is none other than KC Romance. 

My only problem though, is this book... Could be triggering to those who self harm. If you are have that kind of trouble, please pick a different book to review due that I don't want this to harm you. 

I do give the author props though for talking about such a low topic.



**SPOILER ALERT**


Okay! So this a secret LGBT+ Book! So you know what that means!~ *rainbow confetti falling from the sky* My first LGBT+ Communtity book!!!

CEEEEEELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, COME ON!

Okay, now that that's out of the way, The number of topics they talk about in this book is kinda funny because she pretty my adresses every topic.

Uncaring parents
Self harm
Suicide
Military family
LGBT+
Adoptive kids
Eating Disorders 

The list is there. Anyways, before she finds out she's "Gay-Girl-Gay" as she calls it, KC and Angie go through a number of adventures, including her sisters ex: Jake, and a janitor jock: Gary. Which KC tends to pick fights with both AND Stacy Ann who is a grade A SOB until the end where you find out her anger towards Angie, isn't all blind-sited.

**END OF SPOILER**

Okay, so, so overall this book is really good, and addresses a lot of secret topic you wouldn't get from the cover.

My only problem is I watch pitch perfect A LOT as a devoted choir student should,and I didn't like how vulnerable Angie was. And I didn't like how there was no warning to the triggering content inside.. But all in all, I love the book and its content :)

Yours truly,

Spoiler Alert






No comments:

Post a Comment